This post should help guide you on to how you create a plug in PlugRush. First sign-in, then go to Publishers -> Plugs and click Add Plug. Choose your website and type (always go with Regular Plug if you don’t know the difference, and your probably don’t since you are reading this).
In this guide we are creating a plug for one a free tubesite created using easyXsites.com. We’ve picked this video to create the plug to:
So you need a screenshot, you can do one yourself or use the one that comes with the video. We’ve used the one that came with the video (by right clicking on it and choosing ‘copy image url’. Now we need to insert it all into PlugRush.
1. Input the Plug URL (that’s the url to the video on your tube or if you are doing a blog post, the URL to your blog).
2. Write a short descriptive title
3. Write a short descriptive description, don’t copy paste the title into this field.
4. Input the ‘thumbnail url’ or upload the thumbnail file.
5. Pick the category (niche) of the video clip – now make sure that it’s something that matches what you can see in the thumbnail! And don’t pick too many, you want the traffic to be targeted to your niche after all.
It should look something like this, when you are ready to save it:
When you hit save, you are prompted to crop the thumbnail. Make sure you do now show any logo’s when you do. So in this case, we crop like this:
That’s it, now you hit save and wait for the Plug to be approved. That usually happens quite fast. Once approved, be sure to go back from time to time and remove those that has a bad click through ratio (CTR) and learn by doing – so be sure to find out what kind of images are clicked more by others so you improve yourself all the time 😉